December 25, 1949
Opening night for the newly remodeled Iowa Theatre down on Main Street was showing “The Pride of the Yankees” with Gary Cooper. The Iowa was now the second all-modern movie theatre in town with a new projector, screen, seats, carpeting, and a modern street front. The plan was to have six showings per week.
There is no record of when the Iowa Theatre closed but it is thought to be in the early 1950’s when television became more popular.